Beeston U3A’s open meetings take place on the first Thursday of each month at Beeston Methodist Church, Chilwell Road, Beeston.
Please be aware that the Public Car Park at Beeston Methodist Church, Chilwell Road, is now Pay and Display. You must obtain a ticket from the machine or you will receive a Parking Fine
- Coffee and tea will be available from 10:00 at the far end of the hall.
- Registration will take place in the hall and not in the church. The colour-coded membership cards will be required for this process.
- Group tables will be placed between the registration tables and the refreshment tables.
- Access to the church will be available from 10:15 only.
- Notices will begin at 10:30.
- The Speaker will begin at 10.50 or 11.00 and the meeting will close at 12:00 at the latest.
This is the opportunity for new members to join and sign up for the Interest Groups that are on offer. Coffee/tea and biscuits will be available. At 11.00am an invited speaker will give a talk. Members must bring their membership cards. Click on this link for details. We allow two visits as a guest/prospective member at Open Meetings at a cost of £2 per visit. After this, it is anticipated that membership will be taken up if attending again.
Forthcoming Open Meetings:
Thursday 7 December 2017. Christmas Meeting.
Thursday 4 January 2018
The Arkwright Society. The History of Cromford Mills and Sir Richard Arkwright.
Thursday 1 February 2018. Graham Hayes. ‘Titanic’ The Ship of Dreams.
Thursday 1 March 2018. Group Fair.
Thursday 5 April 2018. John Whitfield. Sir Winston Churchill: Man of Destiny.
Thursday 3 May 2018. AGM.