Beeston U3A’s open meetings take place on the first Thursday of each month at Beeston Methodist Church, Chilwell Road, Beeston.
Please be aware that the Public Car Park at Beeston Methodist Church, Chilwell Road, is now Pay and Display. You must obtain a ticket from the machine or you will receive a Parking Fine
- Coffee and tea will be available from 10:00 in the Guild Room, follow signs to Toilet.
- Registration will take place in the hall and not in the church. The colour-coded membership cards will be required for this process.
- Group tables will be placed between the registration tables and the refreshment tables.
- Access to the church will be available from 10:15 only.
- Notices will begin at 10:30.
- The Speaker will begin at 10.50 or 11.00 and the meeting will close at 12:00 at the latest.
This is the opportunity for new members to join and sign up for the Interest Groups that are on offer. Coffee/tea and biscuits will be available. At 11.00am an invited speaker will give a talk. Members must bring their membership cards. Click on this link for details. We allow two visits as a guest/prospective member at Open Meetings at a cost of £2 per visit. After this, it is anticipated that membership will be taken up if attending again.
Forthcoming Open Meetings:
Thursday 2 May 2019. AGM. In addition Anne Allery will give a talk ‘A Passage to India’.
Thursday 6 June. Graham Hayes. Titanic: The Ship That Never Sinks.
Thursday 4 July. 2019. Dr. John Dornan. “Shackleton”, Polar explorer with a mission and a hidden secret.
Thursday 1 August 2019. John Whitfield. “Mountbatten”.
Thursday 5 September 2019. Carol Lovejoy Evans. “Nottingham in the Great War”.
Thursday 3 October 2019. Group Fair.
Thursday 7 November 2019. Mark Barron. “Carrara Marble – Michelangelo’ greatest love”.
Thursday 5 December 2019. Christmas.
Thursday 2 January 2020. Mike Storr. “Masters of Mirth”.
Open Meeting – Fire Procedure.
After consultation with a representative from the Beeston Methodist Church, and discussion at our Committee Meeting, it was felt we should have a formal Fire Procedure for the Monthly Meeting.
It is very simple:
In the event of a fire leave via the nearest fire exit. If you are main church, you should exit from both upstairs and downstairs via the doors at the back (Chilwell Road end) of the church. Committee Members present in the main church will act as stewards and guide you towards these exits.